Join me as I sit down with Cepee Tabibian, a United States expat who now lives in Madrid, Spain. Now that she has made her biggest travel dream a reality, she is inspiring other women over 30 to do the same via her online community and blog, She Hit Refresh. We spend time talking about her life long passion for travel, how she’s found a way to move abroad, and why her community is a hit (pun intended) with women looking to break free of their routine and start a life of travel.
More about Cepee
Born a citizen of the world to a Colombian mother and Iranian father in West Virginia, Cepee spent all but 9 months of her childhood growing up in the Lone Star State and proudly considers herself a Native Texan. Although her parents were from South America and the Middle East, her passion for travel didn’t start until high school when she befriended a group of foreign exchange students. Convincing her traditional Iranian father to let her travel solo to the Netherlands for her 17th birthday was no easy feat. Little did they know that his support of her trip to visit a friend would become the most pivotal moment in her life. Her first trip abroad prompted a deep and magical love affair with travel and self-exploration that continues till this day, 21 years later.
Her education includes a bachelor’s in marketing and a master’s in international relations. In between her travels, she has worked in a variety of fields including marketing, sales, education, and travel. In 2015 she moved to Madrid, Spain, taught herself social media marketing, and soon after snagged her first remote job, a dream position that allows her to balance both work and travel. She is a running and yoga addict with a slight obsession for podcasts and social media. Cepee spends most of her free time making She Hit Refresh (a Facebook Group and Blog) awesome and running the Madrid Blogger Network.
What you’ll learn
- What sparked her desire to travel
- What led her to move permanently to Madrid
- Teaching English as a way to initially make money abroad
- What travel looks like for her now that she is an expat
- Info about She Hit Refresh, the online community she created to support women over 30 who want to move abroad
- How she’s been supporting herself financially
- The digital nomad trend – finding ways to work remotely
- 3 top tips for getting a plan started to move abroad
- The importance of goal-setting and taking small steps
- Additional resources for starting a life of travel
- She Hit Refresh
- She Hit Refresh Facebook Group
- The Best Sites to Find Remote Work
- 12 Online Learning Sites to Launch You into Remote Work
- How to Declutter and Downsize Before Moving Abroad
- Workationing Podcast
- Rita Golden Gelman Interview
Liked this episode? If so, I would so appreciate if you could leave a rating and review on Apple Podcasts (or wherever it is you listen to your podcasts). It really helps more people find the show. Thank you!