For episode 21 I sit down with Erin Papworth, the Founder and CEO of Nav.it, an exciting new app that aims to empower women to become more financially savvy – with travel as the inspiration and end goal.
Erin spent 12 years working in sub-Saharan Africa on projects that increased health care access for marginalized women. Her work and travels have taken her to Tanzania, Zanzibar, Kenya, Malawi, and Haiti, Cameroon, Sudan, Mozambique, and other countries in Africa and around the world. Upon her return to the U.S., Erin became determined to change female conversations around finances and help women redefine their lifestyles and what wealth means to them.
Enter Nav.it, which launches in January 2019. The app combines inspiring and educational travel articles with practical budgeting tools and tips – showing women how to make travel more attainable. During our conversation Erin shares her personal travel journey, information about her new product, and her passion for helping other women navigate finances, travel and life.
Resources and links mentioned in the episode can be viewed at jetsetlisette.com/episode21
I appreciate you taking the time to listen to my podcast. If you’d like to know more about me, you can find me via my website (jetsetlisette.com), Instagram or Twitter (@jetsetlisette).
What you’ll learn
- What sparked her desire to travel
- How she landed her first international job
- How she “travel hacked” while working abroad in her 20s
- What re-entry into the U.S. was like after living abroad for over a decade
- What led her to women’s development in the area of finance and travel
- How Nav.it helps women develop more financial literacy and make travel more attainable
- How it serves as a community where women travelers can connect and learn from each other
- What some of her travel challenges have been
- What travel brings to her life and why she keeps traveling no matter what
- Her tips for women wanting to travel more
Enjoyed this episode? If so, I would so appreciate if you could leave a rating and review on Apple Podcasts (or wherever it is you listen to your podcasts). It really helps more people find the show. Thank you!