For episode 22 (and the season finale) I share my own story about finding a way to travel more – ultimately saving over $100K in travel costs in only six years. Earning millions of airline miles and hotel points through credit card sign-up bonuses has changed my life – making travel more affordable and attainable. It also led to one of my greatest passions: helping others make dream travel a reality. During this episode I share travel stories and resources – and bust a few myths along the way.
Be sure to stick around until the end, where I ask for feedback to help shape Season 2 of The Globetrotter Lounge podcast, which launches in March 2019. As always, I appreciate your support!
What you’ll learn
- When my travel bug started
- How I initially managed to travel while building career and family
- What I love about travel
- What led me to try “travel hacking” in 2012
- What travel hacking is and how it works
- How opening many travel reward cards actually led to an improved credit score (and no debt or paying interest rates)
- How earning tons of miles and points has changed my life
- What kind of trips I’ve been able to take now that I consistently have over a million miles and points
- Why I started the Globetrotter Lounge podcast
- What coaching and podcasting has brought to my life
- Million Mile Secrets
- The Points Guy
- Award Wallet
- Andaz Tokyo
- Yaro Starak
- Kristen Winn: Traveling the World for A Year
- Beth Santos: Creating a Wanderful Community for Women Travelers
- Women in Travel Summit 2019 (I’ll be a speaker!)
- Podcast Movement
Enjoyed this episode? If so, I would so appreciate if you could leave a rating and review on Apple Podcasts (or wherever it is you listen to your podcasts). It really helps more people find the show. Thank you!
Photo by Will Austin