I’m very honored to have one of my first followers of this podcast on the show today. Portia Smith is a travel blogger, wife, and mom to two beautiful girls. She is the creator of the blog Obsessed by Portia, which is all about family, couple, and girlfriend travel, and offers tips and resources. In this episode, we talk about how moms (like us) should engage in more solo travel and ditch the kids AND the guilt. Portia also shares why she started a blog, how she’s grown it into a successful business, her tips for growing a social media following, how she cultivates sponsored trips, and much more.
What You’ll Learn
- Portia’s background and what inspired her to start traveling
- How her blog developed and created more opportunities to travel
- How family travel has changed and impacted her own travel
- The different locations her blog has allowed her and her family to travel to
- Tips for growing your business by dialing in on photography, content, and partnerships
- Why it’s important to focus on what you’re good at and outsource the other work
- The benefits of traveling with and WITHOUT your kids
- The reality of “Mom Guilt” and advice for moms new to traveling
- The value of pursuing and creating your own path
About Portia Smith
Portia Smith was born into adventure. Growing up in a home that encouraged creative travel on a global level, she always had a hunger to explore. By the age of 22, she had marked over 20 countries on the map. Following college, she worked in the fashion industry for several years, married and had two children.
Writing has always been a consistent passion so she switched gears and started a family travel and lifestyle blog, Obsessed by Portia. Family travel is a main component of the blog, while integrating top trends and life hacks in beauty, fitness, fashion and motherhood. Portia lives in the Seattle area with her husband and 2 daughters (ages 6 & 8).
Enjoyed this episode? If so, I would so appreciate if you could rate, review and subscribe on Apple Podcasts (or wherever it is you listen to your podcasts). It really helps more people find the show. Thank you!