I’m very honored to sit down with Mickela Mallozi, Emmy Award-winning host of the PBS travel and dance series Bare Feet. Mickela has had a passport since she was just 2 years old, and to this day still loves to travel the world, experiencing it one dance a time. She shares her amazing journey from unknown dancer to successful TV host, what travel means to her, and what to expect from the upcoming third season of Bare Feet.
What You’ll Learn
- Mickela’s upbringing and what sparked her love of travel
- Why she turned to dance as a way to connect with others while traveling
- What inspired her to create a TV show centered around travel and dance
- The lessons she learned as she tried to make her dream a realit
- Why she values her voice and emphasizes being real vs. being perfect
- How she views travel now that it’s connected to her career
- The benefits of traveling and how it can impact your daily life back home
- The inspiration behind the 3rd season of Bare Feet
About Mickela Mallozzi
Mickela Mallozzi is the four-time Emmy® Award-winning Host and Executive Producer of Bare Feet with Mickela Mallozzi, a travel series highlighting the diversity of dance which airs on public television stations nationwide and on Amazon Prime globally. A professional dancer and trained musician, Mickela decided to start a journey around the world, taking her camera with her to follow dance in the lives of everyday people wherever she went. From re-discovering her family’s heritage in Southern Italy to dancing tango on the main stage in Buenos Aires, the series covers Mickela’s adventures as she experiences the world, one dance at a time. She has been featured in The New York Times, Travel Channel, Dance Magazine, Forbes, and more, and she has performed on various television shows including Sesame Street and The Doctor Oz Show.
Enjoyed this episode? If so, I would so appreciate if you could rate, review and subscribe on Apple Podcasts (or wherever it is you listen to your podcasts). It really helps more people find the show. Thank you!