In this episode I talk with Nadeen White, creator of The Sophisticated Life blog. A blogger by day and physician by night, she manages to throw travel into the mix. She’s also found time to author two travel guide ebooks, and is about to release a third. Nadeen shares how she makes travel a priority, where she finds great deals for local and international adventures, and offers tips for anyone interested in adding more travel to their life.
What You’ll Learn
- Nadeen’s background and why she became interested in traveling
- Why she decided she wanted to visit one new place every year
- How she is able to balance travel with her career
- How being a hospitalist allows her the flexibility and finances to travel
- How often she travels (with and without her husband)
- How she prioritizes and budgets for travel
- Why she started a “Travel Guide” section on her blog
- How travel has expanded her tolerance and compassion for others
- Encouragement for those who want to travel more
About Nadeen White
Nadeen considers herself a “Blogger by Day, Physician by Night”. She has over 20 years of experience as a pediatrician and over 6 years of experience as a content creator. Her award-winning travel blog The Sophisticated Life is dedicated to affordable luxury travel and culinary travel (food and wine). Nadeen’s eBooks Travel Guides to Your Favorite Destinations and USA Wine Guide for Travelers are both available on Amazon. Her third eBook, Culinary Travel Guides: Food & WIne, will be released this summer. She hopes to inspire others to follow their passion and start traveling around the world.
This episode is sponsored by Waypoint Goods, maker of the Infinity Travel Scarf – a fashionable accessory that keeps your phone, passport wallet, keys and other essentials safely concealed in a hidden pocket. Don’t miss the limited edition scarf, Havana, which is inspired by the bright hues of Cuba’s classic cars, vibrant buildings and colorful cuisine!
Enjoyed this episode? If so, I would so appreciate if you could rate, review and subscribe on Apple Podcasts (or wherever it is you listen to your podcasts). It really helps more people find the show. Thank you!