In this episode I sit down with Summer Slevin who is traveling and living in a van for two years, visiting every national park in the United States. She’s also the creator and host of the Nat Park Stories podcast. I met Summer at the 2018 Women in Travel Summit in Quebec City – when she was starting her quest to fall back in love with America. She how she embarked on her journey, what life in a van is like, great stories about the parks and people she’s met along the way and so much more. And there’s a guest appearance from her dog Rocky Road Trip!
What You’ll Learn
- What inspired Summer to start traveling
- What life in a van is like
- Why she started her National Parks journey
- How she launched her adventures despite challenges
- Where she started and how many parks she has hit so far
- Some of the people she’s met along the way
- Her travel buddy: Rocky Road Trip
- Fun details about some of the parks she’s visited
- Her favorite parks in the Southwest
- The continued lack of diversity among park visitors
- Why she loves being in the parks, and in nature
- The importance of being fully present while traveling
- How travel has transformed her life
About Summer Slevin
Since hitting the road in July 2018, Summer Slevin has made her way from Illinois to Alaska, Texas to Florida, and Maine to Wyoming. Summer’s superpowers are connecting with others and telling stories of the people she meets around the world. She spends her time on the road making a podcast about the strangers she meets in the National Parks, virtually assisting amazing clients, and teaching entrepreneurs how to find, hire and onboard the perfect virtual assistant (thetimerich.com). When Summer isn’t talking to strangers, you can probably find her eating delicious food, taking a nap, or playing in the grass with her puppy.
Enjoyed this episode? If so, I would so appreciate if you could rate, review and subscribe on Apple Podcasts (or wherever it is you listen to your podcasts). It really helps more people find the show. Thank you!